|Sunday, April 17th, 2005|
11:17 am - Let it be, let it be...
I'm taking a break from the journal. I don't know if I'll even be back to writing. I'll still be posting on communities and stuff (if I can), but I feel that I'm wasting my time by posting a public journal. |
I've decided to keep my journal on plain ol' paper, instead.
current mood: thoughtful
|Friday, March 18th, 2005|
Well, I'm going to Oklahoma to visit my grandparents tomorrow. I might drive up there part of the way...my first time driving on a long trip! So I guess I'm going to be on a small hiatus from my journal until probably March 28th. Other than that...nothing else going on. |
WOO HOO SPRING BREAK!
current mood: calm
|Thursday, March 17th, 2005|
11:25 pm - I hated this quiz.
| You scored as Emo & More. Emo and Screamo.|
Emo & More
Hip Hop and Rap
Punk and Pop Punk.
created with QuizFarm.com
current mood: tired
11:18 pm - See this, bitches?!
As you can tell, I'm going quiz crazy at the moment...|
| You scored as Sleeping Beauty. Your alter ego is Princess Aurora, a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty! You are beautiful and enchanting, and as sweet as ever. |
Cruella De Ville
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego?
created with QuizFarm.com
current mood: amused
11:10 pm - Just as I thought...I am an agnostic.
| You scored as agnosticism. You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).|
Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.
Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com
current mood: pensive
|Saturday, March 5th, 2005|
11:02 pm - A Survey, stolen from prettyinvelvet, stolen from some other person
(1) The singular boring question: What is your name? Cristina
(2) If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been? What the...? I would have liked it to be Johnny. Nothing to do with my *ahem* obsession with Johnny Depp.
(3) Would you name a child of yours after you? NEVER.
(4) If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with? Umm...I'm okay with my name. I don't have enough friends to actually choose one of theirs for mine.
(5) What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name? They don't mispronounce it, they just spell it with a Ch!
(6) If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)? Nah, I'm fine with it. But they'll probably be thinking I'm some hot, booty-shaking Latina.
DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
(7) Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell? No.
(8) Do you think God has a gender? I'm not sure if I even believe in God. But calling God "He" get's me annoyed sometimes. It's like, why can't God be a girl?
(9) Do you think science counteracts religion? In some ways it does.
(10) Do you believe in organized religion? No, I'd hate that.
(11) Where do you think we go when we die? Um...6 feet under. Maybe dying is like waking up from a dream. We die, then we wake up just to find out it was a dream. Sort of like rebirth...that would be cool.
(12) Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this section? NO.
(13) How easy is it to make you laugh? VERY easy. I'll be the one still laughing after everybody has stopped. Or I laugh at my own jokes when nobody thinks they are funny...now that I think of it, it's sort of sad...
(14) What person you know makes you laugh the most? LIZA
(15) Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't? Definately.
(16) Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't? Sometimes. A lot of times.
(17) What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile? Snuggle, wiggle, giggle
(18) What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written? There are too many things to count...I can't even remember right now.
(19) Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching? No, I hate dancing and hate watching myself dance.
(20) What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard? "Welcome to My Life" by Simple Plan. It's such a whiny song...very emo-ish.
(21) What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better? Songs by The Mars Volta and AFI.
(22) What song(s) are constantly in your head? "Vertigo" by U2, "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)" by the Mars Volta
(23) What song(s) do you think describe your personality best? I cannot answer that question...
(24) If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use? "Yellow" by Coldplay, "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers, "Without Your I'm Nothing" by Placebo
(25) If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used? "Yellow" by Coldplay
(26) What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to? There's none that I can think of.
(27) Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original? Pretty much, yeah. Except for the Inuyasha movies...and I might make a few exceptions for some like The Godfather.
(28) Who's your favorite Star Wars character? Anakin always annoyed me, especially the guy who plays him...Hayden Christenson...I like Ewan McGregor's character.
(29) What kind of movie do you think there should be more of? Interview with a Vampire-like movies, Sleepy Hollow-like movies, and Lord of the Ring-like movies. NOT COPYCATS, just like them...oh! and MORE JOHNNY DEPP MOVIES. Especially where he plays a british/irish person. Like in Chocolat, Sleepy Hollow, and From Hell. Ooo, there should be more From Hell-like movies.
(30) What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of? The Aviator, Titanic, Scream (I, II, and III), Ella Enchanted, The Princess Diaries, Coach Carter
(31) When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness? I want to say healtiness, but I can't lie to myself. Taste.
(32) What's your favorite kind of cheese? Havarati.
(33) What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality? That I'm like Havarati cheese...DELICIOUS. I'm a delicious person.
(34) If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it? If it was like cat meat, probably not.
(35) Do you ever feel guilty eating meat? No, meat is delicious. I LOVE WENDY'S
(36) Mac or PC? PC.
(37) How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works? It just has to work and obey my every command.
(38) Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation? Yes, but then it's hard if you're meeting somebody for the first time, and you've only talked with them through IM.
(39) Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone? I think I'm not as shy on IM with people who I barely know or acquaintances.
(40) Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later? I've never used E-bay.
THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
(41) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender? Yes, constantly...usually at night...for some reason.
(42) What do you love most about the other gender? Eh...I haven't experienced enough to tell ;-)
(43) What do you dislike most about the other gender? HOMOPHOBIC BASTARDS. A lot of them are homophobic, macho bastards. And when they start bragging to "the guys," it's just stupid.
(44) What do you understand least about the other gender? "why they need to prove their masculinity to their friends and THE WORLD all the time" - prettyinvelvet (aka Liza) I agree with her. WE ARE TEH FEMINISTS.
(45) Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it? YES YES YES! Johnny Depp movies. I watched one of his movies, and later...after recovering from a fainting spell, I realized the movie sucked.
(46) What celebrity's autograph do you want most? JOHNNY DEPP
(47) Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who? Hell no. But I'd like to be told that I look like Meatwad.
(48) If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)? Catherine Zeta-Jones. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)
(49) Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why? No.
(50) If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter? Do I have to answer? I guess I do...JOHNNY DEPP'S GIRLFRIEND, Vanessa Paradis
(51) Do you want to be John Malkovich? Eww, no.
(52) Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69? Yes, because I'm DIRTTTAY.
(53) Were you lying about your answer to the previous question? No, I was not.
(54) Do you actually know your Social Security Number? I have the card.
(55) Do you actually know your IP address? What? Is that a pick-up line?
(56) Do you know what an IP address is? NOOO.
(57) Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code? Wow, you stalker.
(58) Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives? IT'S A CODE, I TELL YA!
(59) Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.? I try not to think of those thingys.
(60) What do you think of pi? Cherry is my favorite. Oh, you mean pi?! I think it's 3.145344848484874757484973823838
LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT
(61) Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title? I got turned-on. JUST KIDDING. :P
(62) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Joyous, exuberant, happy, estatic.
(63) Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"? I'm already half blind(glasses), I don't need to be blinder.
(64) Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member? Yes, one of my cousins is named JOHNNY.
(65) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out? I'd rather have a guy ask me out.
(66) What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? I might be okay with it. I'm not too sure.
(67) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive? Yes.
(68) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking? No.
(69) Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last? Wow, that's tough. Maybe...not. No, just kidding...I don't know.
(70) Do you think the number of the last question was a coincidence? HAHAHAHA 69, DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!
(71) What is your favorite possession? My Inuyasha collection(movies, mangas, ani-mangas, poster, keychain, etc.) and my Johnny Depp movie and picture collection.
(72) What physical, tangible possession do you want most? At the moment, the Cowboy Bebop DVDs(all 26 episodes) and the Inuyasha Season 1 DVDs.
(73) How badly do you want it? I can wait...A WHILE.
(74) Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'? Yes...no biggie.
(75) How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section? I just stared back at the title, now that's some good shit.
(76) Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you? Yes, it makes me depressed.
(77) How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older? I'm already not liking getting older.
(78) What was the best Halloween costume you ever had? My Snow White costume. I looked just like her.
(79) What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had? This grim reaper costume I wore for like 2 years in a row.
(80) What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning? I can't think of any. They've all been corrupted in some way.
(81) There are currently no federal holidays during August- what should be put there? National HAVE SEX WITH JOHNNY DEPP Day. Shotgun, he's mine first.
(82) How good is your short-term memory? It's...GRREAT.
(83) How good is your long-term memory? Refer to (82)
(84) What is your earliest memory? Getting mad at my parents after learning we weren't going to Oklahoma one year.
(85) What is your happiest memory (other than receiving this survey)? Umm...going to the Botanical Gardens, going to Galveston and then going Moody Gardens, going to Carlsbad Caverns...all with my family. And they were all pretty days.
(86) What is your strangest memory? Umm...I can't remember...(heh heh)
(87) What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize? The "De-loused in the Comatorium" CD by the Mars Volta, "The Real Folk Blues" it's the Cowboy Bebop ending theme...and it's in Japanese.
(88) What movie makes/made you cry? Schindler's List, Pay It Foward, etc.
(89) What book makes/made you cry? None that I can think of.
(90) What song makes/made you cry? "My Sweet Prince" by Placebo, "Gravity" the ending theme from Wolf's Rain
(91) What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried? I can't think of a time.
THREE TRULY RANDOM QUESTIONS
(92) Would you like to be cloned? Yes, and I'd like to be cloned prettier. But wait...I'd probably kill my clone out of jealousy. Nevermind about the cloning.
(93) Do you wish you could be alive when the world was ending, just to experience it? No. That would suck.
(94) Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango? Yes, that sounds like delicious.
(95) Do you think that one hundred and one questions is too long? Yes, I'm tired and I missed Fullmetal Alchemist because of this.
(96) Do you think the one hundred interesting questions actually were interesting? Yes, and some of my friend's answers were funny.
(97) Are you sorry you began filling it out? Nah.
(98) What question do you wish it had asked? It should have asked, "Why?"
(99) How would you have answered it? "Why not?"
THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
(100) When was the last time you let the people you love know you love them? About an hour ago.
(101) What do you want the people who are reading this survey to know? YOU ARE ALL UNDER MY SPELL...NOW BRING ME JOHNNY DEPP AND I WILL LET YOU LIVE.
current mood: tired
|Monday, February 28th, 2005|
9:01 pm - Experiments
Oh dear lord...I'm having writer's block. I'm trying to write this STUPID comparison and contrast paper on two poems concerning Helen of Troy, and I just feel...like a little 9th grader writing her first essay for high school...inexperienced and childish. I have no idea why, how, or when I started having it, perhaps midway through the paper. I saw the reading level of the paper, and it said it was a 9th grade reading level! |
And I'm going to be turning this into a teacher who KNOWS I can do better than that. My sentences are extremely immature and my ideas are basic...they seem to have little thought put into them. I think my brain is fried from this past weekend. We went to a college world series thingy Sat. and Sun., and I'm still recovering. 9:05?! I still have a lot of time...I can't decide whether I want to stay up to watch Adult Swim. On one hand, I can wake up tomorrow tired and grumpy; on the other hand, I can enjoy an awesome and fulfilling night of T.V. Tough decision.
I better get to writing before my brain goes bye-bye.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
current mood: Stupid writer's block!
|Sunday, February 13th, 2005|
I finally finished my driving and observation hours for Driver's Ed! So that means I just go to class Monday and Tuesday, except Tuesday doesn't count because we have a pizza party.
current mood: cheerful
|Saturday, February 12th, 2005|
8:00 pm - Love
I'm in Inuyasha Heaven. I've found a great GIF site for anime and a few Adult Swim GIFs.
The awesome site.
I won two first places at my UIL competition! YAY for me!
current mood: accomplished
|Thursday, February 10th, 2005|
11:24 pm - A LOT OF SHIT, MY FINGERS ARE CRAMPED
So I'm almost finished with Driver's Ed. I've got like tomorrow, and then Monday and Tuesday ('cept Tuesday doesn't count, because it's basically gonna be a pizza party. Anyway, the class has been okay so far, EXCEPT for this annoying little group of girls who go to my school. One is named Amy, but I refer to her as "cell phone girl," since she wouldn't ever turn off her cell phone during class and it would ring, like everday (totally disrupting the class). Now I don't know about other people, but I'd rather get my $200 worth. So that little group talks everday, dispite the instructor basically telling them to shut up. The are stuck-up, conceited, spoiled *ahem* bitches. And I'm not saying this because they've done something extremely bad to me, I'm saying this because it is true. |
***WARNING: LONG, GIRLY, GOSSIPY STORY***
So anyway, it's just a regular day in class and we go on our 10 minute break to this restaurant nearby called Cindy's (had one of the greates hamburgers I've ever tasted), and we come back running and laughing because we're afraid we're going to be late, but we aren't late. We go up, break's over and we eat while watching THE MOST BORING VIDEO ON THE PLANET about this new speed limit system or whatever. So we all finish eating, and the instructor is grading tests, going over the tests with each student as she grades them. Jessica, prettyinvelvet's old friend and my new friend, is just the nicest girl. She's just such a peach, and friendly with everyone she meets. Well it turns out that these group of girls (they go to the same school as Jessica and I do), have been harassing her for a while. Jessica is a cheerleader, but not the typical barbie doll cheerleaders, more like the really nice, friendly cheerleaders (I don't know if they exist, but obviously one does). So they've been harrassing her before and since Driver's Ed had begun. When it was her birthday, they rolled their eyes at her. They've just been malicious, really. Today, she went up to get her test graded. While she was there, she quickly grabbed her soda and took out a piece of ice to chew. I turn around and see "cell phone girl Amy" making fun of her, and like mocking Jessica by doing all these stupid tongue things. Her group of friends starts laughing, and I turn around to Jessica and cover my face and mouth to her that they were making fun of her.
So, back to the story. Jessica starts staring at them, with a stone face. I tell the girl next to me, who also went with us to get hamburgers and is a friend of Jessica and I, what they were doing ('cause I'm a girl and I can't keep my mouth shut). We start passing notes, which got me a bit nervous since the group was sitting next to me. I finally passed a note, saying,"Let's stop, I think they know we are passing notes." She replies with,"Let them fucking know, who cares?" I reply with,"I don't want them to jump me." And she replies with,"That's like saying Barbie dolls are going to jump you." So class ends, and Jessica is pissed. She confronts "cell phone girl Amy's" friend and tells him that he needs to tell her to stop this shit. Then, she goes outside and confronts the actual "cell phone girl Amy." She starts to tell her that if she's friendly to everyone, and that she's a nice person, and that if she's going to say shit about her, then she'll say shit back. "cell phone girl Amy" acts nonchalant and innocent. She is talking on the phone, trying to act like nothing is occuring. Jessica informs her that she is pathetic now that she doesn't have her friends to back her up. She says she is "weaker." So the group crowds around while "cell phone girl Amy" slips out of the situation. On the way out, Jessica tells "cell phone girl Amy," "Yeah, you walk away...go ahead." So she goes and Jessica has to go drive with an instructor and I drive with my instructor.
We come back the same time Jessica comes back. Turns our her mom was waiting there for an hour, FRIGGIN' PISSED OFF (she had called her mom earlier to tell her how pissed off she was, and she included alot of bad words, which was hilarious 'cause she was talking to her friggin' mom). Her mom starts telling me that she needs someone brave enough to tell a statement, saying that somebody heard them making fun of Jessica. Of course, she was telling me this, and she said she would take it to the judge and to the police. I was like...woah...no way, dude. Now remember, Jessica's mom is a cheerleader mom. So she starts in with this girl named Clair, who is also in that little group in my class and is a cheerleader. She said how Clair "spearheaded" the group that's been harrassing Jessica. So I found out that Jessica has been harrassed for a while...and that she was going to take some action and get a statement. Now, I thought, I didn't actually hear them say it, even though it was obvious that they were making fun of her. And I thought, I know some legal stuff, and I know that if I didn't hear actual words (only saw them staring at Jessica for a moment, then making fun of her after she ate the ice piece), that my statement wouldn't be worth crap. I know you have to actually hear them say stuff. So I saw my mom come up, and I was like,"Uh oh, we're in a hurry and I have to go 'cause my mom's here."
And that's how I got out of that situation. Of course, the mom was probably pissed, but I didn't want to get involved. This wasn't my problem and I think she was taking it TOO far. Of course I detest that group of girls, but maybe I'll give Jessica some suggestions before her mom just makes a hugerrr mess out of this.
But I was this close to helping her jump those Barbie bitches. But my angel side said, don't get too involved or you'll end up paying for it like you've done so many times. G'night, journalz.
current mood: tired
|Tuesday, January 25th, 2005|
10:21 pm - Aww...shucks!
Happy Birthday to me,|
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday tooo meeeee,
Happy Birthday to me!
Yes, 'tis my birthday! Tons of exciting things to write about(which is rare). Well, I woke up this morning, forgetting it was my birthday. I guess it didn't really hit me until evening came around. School was boring(because it was easy, that's what I get for taking easy classes, but I CAN DEAL WITH IT *wink wink*). prettyinvelvet gave me this beeeautiful fairy patch with 'shrooms in the background, some personalized pins with Chris Martin, Jack White, and Freddy Mercury, and a shower gel from Bath & Body Works. After school, I came home in a hurry because I was going to start Driver's Ed at 6:30!!!!!! So I came home, and got a little surprise party! There was this chocolate cake with chocolate icing and three cherries and a ribbon strewn across saying "Happy Birthday Cristina!" My family got meeee....ED WOOD!!! Friggin' Ed Wood! Friggin' awesome! And, to top that off, my brother got me an Inuyasha DVD with 4 episodes in it. I was extremely pleased. I ate some Church's chicken, then it was off to Driver's Ed! On the way, it finally hit me that I was actually 16. So, Driver's Ed was boring and stuff, but I just keep thinking of the Driver's license. The teacher went extremely quick and it was 2 hours long...
I got the White Stripe's "Elephant" Sunday, and I've been listening to it as much as I can. It's awesome, as I expected. I had gotten addicted to "Seven Nation Army," and now my favorites are that one, "Cold, Cold Night," and "Ball and Biscuit."
It's going to be a hectic and busy three weeks, but it's been going well so far. Gotta go!
current mood: Happy Birthday to me!
|Monday, January 17th, 2005|
It is confirmed! I am truly 15 years old! This quiz actually got it right on the mark. Remember, kiddos, my birthday is on January 25th! Thanks to prettyinvelvet for the quiz.
You Are 15 Years Old|
Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.
13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.
20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.
30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!
40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.
current mood: anxious
|Friday, December 24th, 2004|
3:14 pm - Merry Christmas, indeed.
Yes, I'm covered in Christmas cheer. And behold, a Christmas miracle. It snowed here in Laredo!!! For the first time in my life, I have seen snow in Laredo. My brother was telling me yesterday that it would snow, and of course, I was the skeptic. But...he comes in from outside yelling,"Cristina, Cristina! It's snowing!" So I quickly get some decent clothes on and it WAS snowing! Okay, so it wasn't 3-feet deep snow, but it WAS indeed snowing. I hate to be corny, but it did seem like a miracle. The last time it snowed in Laredo...I think it was in the 70s or something. |
This is surely a sign of a GREAT Christmas. My brother keeps telling me how I'm going to be blown away by my gifts and how I'll just faint...so of course, there's toooons of excitement bubbling up inside me.
We have to go buy a gift for my mom with my dad because he's put it off 'til the last minute. I thought I was done shopping, but I guess not. We might get her a purse or something. I went to the mall with Liza (aka prettyinvelvet) yesterday and got some gifts for my family. It was fun, we sat at Starbucks for a while, chattin' it up. I'm REALLY, REALLY excited at the moment.
current mood: cheerful
|Saturday, December 18th, 2004|
1:42 pm - Swimming through sick lullabies
School was out Thursday, so I've been in a state of jubilation since then. I've been listening to The Killers nonstop(and still NOT getting tired of their music). 6 more days until Christmas, it kind of crept up on me. My wishlist is unfortunately expensive...heh. We went to eat pizza yesterday at Ci Ci's pizza, yummmmmm...
I got some gifts Tuesday at school from prettyinvelvet and another friend, Rene. prettyinvelvet got me the movie Chocolat(woo hoo!!!!!111111!!!!1111!!!!1) and Rene got me an Inuyasha poster and Hot Topic gift card with Stewie on it(woo hooo!!!!!!!!1111!!!111!!!). Yeah, so I was really, really happy. I got Rene a Hollister gift card and prettyinvelvet Purple Rain and a Winter Candy Apple lotion.
Christmas time, the best time. :D
current mood: jubilant
|Sunday, December 5th, 2004|
My beautiful black hair is turning brown! Crappy brown! |
This weekend was pretty much uneventful. I discovered a new love for Placebo's Without You I'm Nothing, slept, watched Tv, slept, and watched some more Tv. And yes, my hair is losing its color...and yes I'm mad! But I guess I'll have to live with it.
That's about it for now.
current mood: contemplative